SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–ZEPL today moved its interactive, multi-tenant environment platform out of beta and is now generally available. Designed for data scientists to collaboratively execute analysis through a single notebook interface, ZEPL ensures better, faster interactions with data. ZEPL also launched ZEPL Team, a more feature-rich solution to drive improved data science and analytics collaboration across organizational units.
Founded by the creators of Apache Zeppelin, ZEPL delivers a better way to be data driven. The interactive platform is the perfect place for everyone in the enterprise—from data scientists and engineers to business analysts and decision makers—to collaborate in a common, shared environment.
“With thousands of data science practitioners already leveraging the free ZEPL solution, ZEPL is demonstrating how critical collaboration and sharing is in data science projects,” said Sejun Ra, co-founder and CEO at ZEPL. “ZEPL is meeting this demand with the launch of ZEPL Team that extends everyone’s collaborative efforts and interaction with data, to improve efficiency and communication, positively affecting business decisions.”
Traditionally, data scientists and analysts have been forced to use legacy communication tools that operate outside of the data analysis environment. In addition, analytics functions within larger organizations often work in silos, leaving product and business teams disconnected from data.
ZEPL’s interactive platform empowers team members to collaborate in a single, easily configurable environment. ZEPL works across various languages and backend technology solutions to enable everyone in the enterprise to maximize their time, and effort, for faster, more efficient analytic life cycles.
The ZEPL platform powering both the Individual and Team versions offers:
- One-touch notebook creation, using Markdown, Python, Spark, R, and SQL out of the box
- Advanced visualization capabilities
- Connection to external databases, via secure JDBC and Athena
- The ability to create and share workspaces privately, using fine-grained access controls
- Multiple notebook format support, including Jupyter and Apache Zeppelin notebooks
- Synchronization across external notebook repositories, including Github, Amazon S3 and Apache Zeppelin
With ZEPL Team, advanced functionality includes:
- Team workspaces and collaboration features, allowing organizations to create and manage team members and set user roles
- Resource management, to view history and manage resource access
- Expanded compute resources for larger workloads
- Greater control over Spark, Python, and Tensorflow versions.
For more information on ZEPL, the collaborative data science platform that empowers analytic teams to model, analyze and share work in a common environment, visit www.zepl.com.
ZEPL delivers a better way to be data driven: it’s a perfect place for everyone, from data scientists to decision makes to collaborate. Founded and run by the creators of the Apache Zeppelin project, ZEPL is focused on providing an end-to-end data analytics platform for all data types. Apache Zeppelin, one of the most popular projects in ASF, is a web-based notebook that enables interactive data analytics and provides one interface for data engineers, data scientists, as well as business analysts and decision makers. www.zepl.com.