New York, January 30, 2018 – Business professionals are increasingly demanding the same intuitiveness and ease-of-use in their workplace technologies as those they use during their off-hours. To meet that need, Collibra, the leader in enterprise data governance and catalog software, today unveiled its Collibra 5.3 release. Collibra 5.3 was developed with a focus on delivering an outstanding user experience to enable data citizens – the business and IT users throughout an organization who rely on data to do their jobs or make strategic decisions – to more easily and effectively find, understand and trust data to drive enterprise value.
“Business users can’t be effective finding the data they need to do their jobs if they’re forced to work with complicated technology tools,” said Stan Christiaens, Collibra co-founder and Chief Technology Officer. “Delivering an enhanced user experience that still provides advanced data governance and catalog functionality is what Collibra 5.3 is all about. Our latest release enables data citizens to find the information they need through a familiar ‘consumer-centric’ experience that helps them quickly and logically find the information they need to add value to their organizations. Our new Tableau integration with Collibra Catalog also provides deep visibility into the overall analytics ecosystem to help users see a macro view of data so they can focus on the information that matters.”
Key features of Collibra 5.3 include:
Diagram Pictures: Collibra 5.3 features the industry’s first Diagram Pictures functionality that simplifies data lineage and management with automated data visualization. Diagram Pictures enables organizations to visually make sense of and effectively govern the wealth of data at their fingertips. Through interactive data lineage diagrams, users can preview, edit, add to, and comment directly from within the diagram. Diagram Pictures are particularly useful for companies with compliance requirements, providing an easy-to-view audit trail of key data. Key features include:
- Govern diagrams as semi-static / semi-dynamic pictures, define different types of ownership and subject matter experts, manage change and versions of those diagrams, and ask questions of stakeholders from within the diagrams by tagging users
- View data lineage through a variety of lens: business view, technical view, security view, QA view, etc., using out-of-the-box views and easy filtering capabilities
- Allow all data citizens to contribute to the accuracy of a diagram and the documentation of the items visualized on the diagram either proactively or via interactively guided governance workflows
- Utilize intelligent search capabilities inside and outside the data lineage diagrams
- Create 3D visualization with more enhanced insights by visualizing multiple detailed layers in one single diagram
Collibra Catalog with Tableau Integration: Collibra Catalog takes an advanced “consumerized” approach to data and report access that enables business users to “shop” for and find relevant information in much the same way as they shop for products on consumer sites like Amazon. With Collibra Version 5.3, the Catalog can now be accessed via either the cloud or on-premise, and features seamless native integration. Collibra 5.3 also offers Tableau integration to ensure business intelligence analysts benefit from trusted data that has been properly governed. Direct import of Tableau assets means less manual entry, freeing resources and time. The Collibra Catalog serves as a single-source of intelligence, providing needed transparency across an organization’s wealth of reports, which is further enhanced by the deep intelligence provided by Tableau. This enables business analysts and data scientists to view and prioritize reports to help them more quickly focus on the right information, consolidate information, and add incremental value.
Enhanced Usability: Collibra 5.3 also features enhanced usability including:
- Customizable tiles that put the information most critical to that particular user (e.g., the business glossary) front-and-center.
- Title Bar Improvements
- Section 508 Compliance for workers with disabilities.
As the leader in data governance, Collibra helps organizations across the world gain competitive advantage by maximizing the value of their data across the enterprise. Collibra is the only solution purpose-built to address the gamut of data stewardship, governance, and management needs of the most complex, data-intensive industries. Our flexible and configurable cloud-based or on-premises solution puts people and processes first – automating data governance and management to quickly and securely deliver trusted data to the business users who need it. Learn more at www.collibra.com.