SAN MATEO, CA, January 16th, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Zoomdata, developers of the world’s fastest visual analytics platform for big and fast data, today announced it is extending its lead in Modern Business Intelligence with several powerful new capabilities for the analysis of streaming data, smart tiering of analytic processing, and empowering end-users to achieve even faster time to insight.
A recent O’Reilly survey shows that a majority of organizations are now using modern non-relational databases as a primary source of analytic data, though often in conjunction with traditional relational databases. These modern data platforms demand a new approach to BI – the ability to process very high data volumes, streaming data sources, unstructured data types, and the dynamic fusion of data from multiple sources, without requiring data movement and significant IT resources.
The January 2018 release of Zoomdata introduces several new capabilities that build on its modern architecture, as well as a big investment in analytical power and ease-of-use, strengthening Zoomdata’s position as the #1 ranked product for Big Data Analytics:
- Zoomdata Smart Streaming™ – enables easy connectivity to any streaming data source and on-the-fly blending of streaming data with historical data to drive real-time insights. Zoomdata can connect to any fast data store where streaming data is being landed, or allow users to land streaming data directly through a simple streaming API. With this, Zoomdata is the industry’s first visualization and analytics platform able to connect, store and visualize data from any streaming source, including Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Spark Streaming, Google Cloud Dataflow, SQLstream and StreamSets, among others.
- More intelligent tiering of analytics processing:
- Smart push-down processing – of analytic calculations and derived fields, enabling new types of operations and business logic on detailed data at scale on all data sources, even non-relational.
- External Spark cluster support – the ability to easily use an external YARN-managed Spark cluster of any size as an alternative to Zoomdata’s built-in Spark engine. Coupled with more capabilities extracted as microservices and centralized logging control, this enables in-cluster operations and data fusion at unprecedented levels of scale, while taking advantage of existing investments in enterprise infrastructure and skills.
- Faster time to insight:
- Dense visual layouts – interactive dashboard layout management and visualizations that respond to the available real-estate, enabling dense self-service experiences and dashboard layouts that deliver insights in an optimal way. This builds on Zoomdata’s end-user enabled BI capabilities that eliminate dependence on IT.
Many of these new capabilities were driven by real-world use cases from existing Zoomdata customers, including GlaxoSmithKline, Seattle Children’s Research Institute and Commprove.
“By embedding the new Zoomdata release into the Commprove QASAR and QUANTIQA products we’ve been able to add new insightful row-level calculations on detailed cellular call record data that enables even more sophisticated interactive data visualizations and analytics for our Telco customers. In addition the new dense dashboard capabilities have enabled us to build even more information-rich dashboards to efficiently deliver data-driven insights to our customers” said Jean-Luc Gianduzzo, COO at Commprove.
Join us for a webinar on January 30th at 10 am PST / 1 pm EST for our 2018 predictions webinar which will include a sneak peak of the new release.
Zoomdata’s market traction and technology innovations have garnered widespread recognition. Zoomdata debuted in the visionary quadrant in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms and Gartner also named Zoomdata a 2016 Cool Vendor. Zoomdata received the #1 ranking in both the 2017 and 2016 annual Big Data Analytics Market Study from Dresner Advisory Services, an independent, non-sponsored and crowd-sourced market research firm. In addition, Zoomdata was named a Ventana Research 2016 Technology Innovation Award for Operational Intelligence, and was recognized as a 2017 Hot Vendor in Streaming Analytics by Aragon Research.
About Zoomdata, Inc.
Zoomdata develops the world’s fastest visual analytics solution for big and streaming data. Using patented data sharpening and micro-query technologies, Zoomdata empowers business users to visually consume data in seconds, even across tens of billions of rows of data. Zoomdata Fusion enables interactive analytics across disparate data sources, bridging modern and legacy data architectures, blending real-time streams and historical data, and unifying enterprise data with data in the cloud. Delivered in a microservices architecture for elastic scalability, Zoomdata runs on premises, in the cloud or embedded in an application. With offices in Chicago, New York, San Mateo, CA and Reston, VA, Zoomdata is venture-backed by Accel, Columbus Nova Technology Partners, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, NEA and Razor’s Edge.